Search This Blog

Monday, February 28, 2011

Realization

It's not them, it's me! I've come to the point of realization...I'm in a state of realizing something about my situation at this moment. In my physical location... "get the fuck out", "you've smoking dope all night..now you wanna leave," "man the dumpster is on fire." These have been my most recent encounters. It's these three events that have lead me to realize that it's not them...it's it's me!

I don't need management to fix another thing in this building. I don't need them to monitor another neighbor...I am the problem and I need to go. This is not the place for me. I'm the outcast. I'm the only one who thinks these behaviors are not quite normal.

"What the fuck, you didn't hear me?" In a place where it is just fine to say that to your girlfriend, wife, or significant other.... Yup, it's me...it's not them. They are just fine with this behavior and this form of communication.

There is no place like home. I certainly agree. There is no place like it. However like people...there is a season, a reason, and a lifetime. My childhood home is certainly a season...maybe a little of a reason. I know one thing...it's not a lifetime.

Have you had a moment when you just felt like saying...huh? Are you serious? When you encounter such an event, realize like I did that it's not you, it's them.

No comments:

Post a Comment