Search This Blog

Friday, April 13, 2012

So Amazing

So amazing...

On Easter Sunday I sat on the ole' porch of the house that my grandfather built.  He built it with his hands in 1950.  The floors still remain with the same wood he used.  The yard, a little more updated with a concrete drive way instead of a grass driveway.

I sat on that porch in amazement as my son attempted to make hand prints on the concrete with water.  His thought was that the water would outline his hand and show the hand print.  What's so amazing to me is that he has a piece of concrete in which he could do that.  What's so amazing is that it's the same piece of concrete me and my childhood friends placed our footprints into the fresh concrete back in the 1980s.  We did that at about the same age as my son.  So amazing...

I hope that one day that my son too will have some place to return to and watch life.  Watch how life evolves.  Watch at amazement of how his children will repeat the same things he has done.  It's an amazing feeling. 

And as I write at this very moment, he is writing.  At seven, he is asking me what he should write about.  It's so amazing.  I gave him a topic to write about and watch in amazement as he writes.

It's times like these that I can say that my heart goes to those friends of mine who haven't or can't conceive children.  I once told one of my single and childless friends that they aren't really missing anything.  Life will truly go on without having a child.  However it's times like sitting on the porch of my ancestors with my future, my son, it makes me realize how special it is to have a child...even if it is just one.  Children are a blessing.  Children are amazing.  If you can't be blessed with a child, find amazement in your spouse or your family...sit back and take it all in. 

Uhmmmm Ahhhhh! I know it's so amazing.......

Amazement comes in so many ways, you just have to find your so amazing thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment