Search This Blog

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Resolution

As this new year has started, many people have made a resolution to stop or start doing something. I've never truly understood why people do such a thing to themselves. What really does making this new year's resolution, resolve? If you make a resolution to start a lifetime diet in order to lose a couple of pounds or more then all it does is create another problem - stress and anxiety. Therefore you then have to make another resolution in order to resolve the problem that you created. Once that resolution reach a mountain high goal, then many spend time stressing over how to maintain that resolution. Yes, I know that the resolution is there in order to help us be better people, but why does it have to be one big resolution at the beginning of the year? How about every day, every month take baby steps. Start a resolution to resolve one small thing at a time. If you are going to resolve a weight issue, then it will take steps. If you are going to resolve to stop smoking, take baby steps. Don't just set out to resolve something over night or heck even within that year. Resolve everyday to take baby steps toward something greater in your life.

My resolution is to do just that. I resolve to take a look at myself at least once a week to resolve issues I may have with myself. I can share with you today that I'm working to resolve my lack of confidence in how well I write. I write this blog, yet I'm not certain that I'm up there to compete and write with some of the big dogs. I've resolved one step...If everything is legit, I will be freelance writing for eHow.com. So, cross your fingers and hope that it all works out. Otherwise, I will have to resolve the web I've tangled myself in. If all goes well, this blog too will go one step up and become linked with this company and be read by more people with a little extra cash to add to it!

What's your resolution?

No comments:

Post a Comment