Search This Blog

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Great

One of greatest loves to have is love of self. 

I never got a chance to say more than "hello" to her after a brief introduction way back when I was a kid.  If  only I would have been given the chance to sit down with her...well, this blog will express some things about what I would have said.  If it somehow reaches those closest to her, I hope this gives them some solace and happiness about the life she lived.

She was one of the few famous people whom I actually adored.  I choose those people wisely.  Whitney Houston's art and presence made me have some heartfelt attachment to her.  Growing up with her art was pure greatness!

I was a young girl when the hit The Greatest Love of All was released.  I would sing that song to the top of my lungs!  I would watch the video in amazement about how this beautiful woman moved me with her voice and her words.  It was her assurance.  It was her belief in me, a young girl.  She herself a young woman growing in life and a career.  From that point on, I've been mesmerized by her voice.  It moves me to hear her voice alone.  Her art. Her words. Her voice.  All of them pure greatness.

You should always tell someone how you feel before they leave this place.  Many times you hear people say that.  Well, I don't think my words would have ever been of some importance to Whitney, but it really doesn't matter.  I don't care when she died, how she died, or why she died.  What matters is how that woman lived her life.  It was great.  Judge not! I judge not what personal issues she or any other person has...what I know is Whitney spread a word of faith, love, and hope in all of her music.  Her music set a fine example for young girls to grow up with.  I only hope that her great legacy lives on.

Whitney's greatness certainly stands out to me and I will spread her legacy on as a woman who carried herself like a lady.  Her art of music spread words that built up a person's character.  It wasn't about being flashy and showy, it was just about living great.

So to her family and friends...know that Whitney was truly one of the GREATEST!  I'm sure as she is resting, she knows that the messages she spread were certainly a blessing! Well done, Whitney. Well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment