Search This Blog

Monday, March 28, 2011

Path

A narrow walk, a beaten path, formed or trodden by a person, a path. Many famous philosophers or even street philosophers have said that our path in life has been set. If you are a Christian, it's set by God. If you are Buddhist, it may be set by the way you have treated others. In so many walks of life, it is agreed upon that no path is a mistake. If we go by the definition of the word path, then we can take comfort in knowing that not only is our path in life not a mistake...it's a narrow walk. Narrow being thin, not wide. Being that it's a narrow walk, it's set just for one. No other person is set to take the same path as you at the same time. Therefore your path, is your path. It's a path set for one person to follow at a time. No one can hold your hand and walk along the way with you. Now this narrow walk is also beaten, meaning someone else has made the way for you. While your path is set just for you, know that someone else still has made some of the similar steps as you have. While you walk on your path alone in life, your path has still been set. If you've ever walked in a path or short cut through a neighbors yard as a kid, you can recall how the grass is worn and there is a dusty dirt path for you to follow. It might be a path already set for you to follow, but it's not always the smoothest or cleanest route to your destination. It's so funny how that relates to life. Our path in life creates who we are a person. I can't attest to knowing every one's life story, but I know enough to know that stuff happens in every one's life. Some good and some bad. This concept that life's path has been set for me and probably not a cupcake walk is a hard one to accept. It's easy to understand that life just won't be easy, but it certainly can piss a person off to have to go through some turmoil just to get to the joy. As I said before, I've accepted that their aren't answers for everything in life. I just personally need to remind myself often that this life I'm living is preparing me for something that I'm going to experience in the future. In my personal thoughts, I think that my life experiences and acquaintances will make for a good book. So, I'm personally going to sit back and enjoy my path, my shortcut through the neighbors yard. Each day I live, my path looks easier to get through, even if it can sometimes be a little rough and dirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment