Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

REJECTION

We regret to inform you...


Those five words have been repeated to me almost daily for a while now. Rejection. Rejection from opportunities, jobs, schools, organizations, people and any other entity that fits in between that I didn't list.



What did I do wrong?

Why did I do it?
How can I change it?
Can I change it?
Is it my fault?
Is it any one's fault?
Why me?
Embarrassment.
Guilt.
Sadness.
Anger.
Belittlement.
Depression.
Where do I go from here?


Regardless of where rejection comes from, I'm certain at some point in life we all experience it. While I often feel like I'm the poster child for it, I know that I am not alone. As with all things in life, the question is how to deal with it. 



Those closest to me have given me all the advice and comfort that they have been able to muster. To them, I must say, I appreciate it. However at the end of the day, I must figure out how to handle it. Through my dealings, I am certain there is someone out there that may find comfort in my words.



My spiritual guide leads to this: Romans 8:28 - And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him who have been called according to his purpose.



My practical advice through quotes and conversation is that without rejection, there is no depth into a person. Without something that comes along to make you question, then there is no growth. Without being knocked down a bit, then there is no way to know how to pick yourself up. Without rejection, without some form of sadness, then there is no appreciation for the acceptance and happiness.



With all that, I still get pissed - angry. I still want a break - some good news. I still haven't reached the understanding about why I have been receiving so much rejection. I tell myself that I don't know how much more rejection I can take - yet I wake up every morning.



With that in mind, as I've read quotes and readings from philosophers, counselors, authors, and common people there has been one overall tune. One will never truly understand the rejection or strife encountered until the good thing comes through. It will not be until then that a person will understand the why in life.



Lesson to be learned that if you have been rejected from school, job, date, organization, loan, there is without a doubt a reason why. I believe that to be true in all aspects of life - many have been rejected from being a parent or a spouse. That too I'm certain brings about great emotions as well. Rest assure, the clarification is coming and will likely come in a format not expected. Whenever and however, know that all the good in the world to come will come.



Reject rejection! 
Refuse to accept that rejection will determine who and what you are to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment